“Life is heredity plus environment.”
Luther Burbank, American horticultural scientist
It is essential that you and your coach have a level of rapport that supports confidence and security. Part of that rapport comes from an appreciation of each other’s life path.
I arrived at my role as a Dynamic Life Coach in an evolutionary way: it was the natural synthesis of my twenty years in international business and a similar period as a registered psychotherapist.
That said, I recognize that the basic facts of a person’s existence give little sense of who s/he really is. So I’m dividing this introduction to myself into three sections.
- This one, where I will simply list my CV-type of information
- Objective truth, where I describe the results of psychometric testing and give the life background to my becoming a coach. Sections include:
- What do my psychometric tests show?
- What has prepared me to act as your coach?
- Life experience
- Subjective truth, where I look at my opinions on various matters that might affect your decision whether or not to work with me. Sections include:
- What kind of working partner am I?
- What is my attitude toward men and women?
- A miscellany of thoughts, beliefs and facts.
The different parts add up to a good many words but I want to give you the chance to know too much rather than too little.
Overall, I see myself as a thinking person who has had a lot of experience in life. I have put my thoughts and dreams into action.
The result hasn’t all been pleasant or conventionally successful, yet I feel satisfied with my approach and my ongoing progress. I’m looking forward to much more in the next thirty years.
I believe my journey has equipped me extremely well to do the job I do, and my clients’ successes would seem to bear me out in that belief.
It is not often that I am left struggling to comprehend a situation or a state of mind, and my instincts and intuitions have been well-honed and tested in high-stress situations on both sides of the Atlantic. I am creative and resourceful both on my own behalf and on behalf of my clients.
Here is my bald CV. It gives a good sense of the vital energy that has fuelled the development of Dynamic Life Coaching:
Objective Facts: Basic data
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 meters)
- Weight: 163 lbs (11 stone 9 lbs; 74 kilograms)
- Interests: All sorts of music and the visual arts, sailing, rowing, running, writing, science, anything to do with humans.
Professional and General Education:
- Numerous short courses and certificates on coaching, hypnotherapy, therapeutic techniques. etc;
- Coaching: Institute for Life Coach Training 2004;
- Psychotherapy: MAHPP (MA Equiv) 1991;
- 10 year Certificate Of Advanced Training in Psychotherapy: Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA 1980-1990;
- General Education: King’s School, Rochester, UK. 1954-1964.
- Coaching: European Mentoring and Coaching Council No. 04240 IND1
- Psychotherapy Registration: United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy. No. 00930050;
- Counselor Registration: European Association for Counseling. Number UK1408;
- Associate memberships: American Psychological Association; Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs; International Association for Marriage and Family Counselling; American Counselling Association; International Association for Coaching.
1992 to Present: Private Practice in UK (1992-2001, 2010-present) and USA (2001-2010)
- Skype and telephone coach and counselor
- Face-to-face coach and counsellor
- Dynamic life coach
- Dynamic partnership coach
- Eating disorders coach
- Group psychotherapist
- Relationship counselor
- Clinical Supervisor
- Originater of Dynamic Life Coaching.
- Delegate to United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (until 2001)
- Director: Lapis Fellowship (until 2001)
- Director and General Secretary: UK Association of Humanistic Psychology Practitioners (until 2001)
1978-1992 Boston, MA, USA:
- Life coach and psychotherapist. First in training and later in private practice
- Head of International Marketing Communications for MSP Inc. (International software company)
- Cofounder and president of the Database Research Group, a consulting and publishing company;
- Cofounder and executive vice-president of Technology Insight Inc.;
- Founder of publishers Cognition Inc.;
- Cofounder of marketing communications consultants Coulson-Wellinger Associates and Coulson/Grant, working predominantly with IT hardware and software organizations.
- North-American correspondent for European journals; consulted on the launch of US magazines such as Software Magazine; business journalist exploring innovative management practice from the world of management consultants;
- Advisor to companies from all parts of the world on whether and how to enter the USA market. Worked with the British Consulate on these same issues.
1965 -1978 (UK resident):
- 1974-1978: IT marketing communications consultant to IBM (UK), Burroughs, Unisys, Honeywell and assorted software companies.
- 1972-1974: IT industry journalist
- 1967-1971: Systems analyst and IT consultant.
- 1966: Warner Bros. (Film Distributors) International Sales
- 1965: Jack Holt Ltd. (Boat builders) general management
I hope this information has been helpful to you. If you would like to find out more about Dynamic Life Coaching or myself, please use the form below to schedule a free 50-minute ‘phone or Skype discussion.