“Never let yesterday use up too much of today.”
This quote from Will Rogers emphasizes the need to act promptly if we are to improve our lives. However, it is also important not to act too hastily in embarking on a partnership that can be truly life changing.
There are many coaches, counselors, mentors and psychotherapists, all making very similar claims for themselves and their methods. They vary enormously in their approaches, skills and personalities.
The right choice of collaborator can help you radically improve your life: the wrong choice will cost your money but, even worse, will cost you time you can never recover.
The best way to protect yourself is to make a project out of selecting the best coach or counselor for you.
Plan to talk with many of us so as to determine for yourself who you feel offers the right combination of skill, personality, depth and breadth of knowledge and experience.
How should you proceed?
- Read through the materials on this web site. They are deliberately lengthy to help you decide if you want to go further. Print them out so you can study them more easily.
- Prepare your evaluation criteria to help you select a life coach and a list of questions to put to him or her. (See: How to choose your life coach and Questions for your coach coach.)
- Make appointments to talk with a selection of practitioners. They should be willing to talk with you for 30 minutes or more without charge.
- To include me in your evaluation, contact me using the form below to schedule a free exploratory Skype, Facetime or ‘phone call. That will be of approximately 50 minutes duration.
- Make the call. Feel free to ask whatever questions you wish.
- Take time to reflect on what you have learned. Follow-up with further emails if you have outstanding questions.
Once you have completed your research, make your decision and act on it right away. It’s very much in your interest to put yesterday to rest as soon as possible.
I hope this information has been helpful to you. If you would like to find out more about Dynamic Life Coaching or myself, please use the form below to schedule a free 50-minute ‘phone or Skype discussion.